Linda Darin, BSN, MS, MSW, is a Reiki master
Linda Darin, at Darin Transformations, offers many holistic therapeutic services to help people overcome emotional, mental and physical ailments to achieve life balance and well-being. Among them is Reiki Healing, a Japanese technique used for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.
What is Reiki Healing?
The word “reiki” is a Japanese term meaning “guided life force energy. Reiki can shift this energy into balance so that our immune systems aren’t fighting the sludge, but can keep us healthy and help us heal faster
Reiki energy is a subtle energy. It is different than electricity or chemical energy or other kinds of physical energy. Reiki energy comes from the Higher Power, which exists on a higher dimension than the physical world with which most of us are familiar. The true source of Reiki energy is within us. This does not mean that we use our personal energy when we do Reiki, but that the energy is coming from a transcendental part of ourselves that is connected to an infinite supply of healing energy.
When the flow of the “Life Force Energy” is disrupted, weakened or blocked, emotional or health problems tend to occur. Imbalances can be caused from many situations occurring in our lives, such as:
- emotional or physical trauma
- negative thoughts and feelings, including fear, worry, doubt, anger, anxiety, negative self-talk, toxicity, nutritional depletion, destructive lifestyle and relationships
- neglect of self and lack of love for oneself or others, from emotions that are not expressed in a healthy way
What is a Reiki treatment like?
In a standard treatment at Darin Transformations, Reiki energy flows from the Linda’s hands into you. You remain fully clothed. Linda will place her hands on or near your body in a series of hand positions. These include positions around the head and shoulders, the stomach, and feet. Other, more specific positions may be used based on your specific needs. Each position is held for three to ten minutes depending on how much Reiki is needed at each position.
What you experience during a Reiki treatment varies somewhat by individual; however, feelings of deep relaxation are usually felt by all. In addition, many feel a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and surrounds them. Reiki energy encourages you to let go of all tension, anxiety, fear or other negative feelings so that a state of peace and well-being is experienced. Some drift off to sleep or report floating outside their bodies or have visions and other mystical experiences. At the end of the treatment, you will feel refreshed with a more positive, balanced outlook.
Benefits of Reiki
The benefits of Reiki healing are many, and they affect your physical, mental and emotional states. Some of these reported benefits are:
- Stress reduction and relaxation
- Increases the body’s natural healing abilities (immune system)
- Better sleep
- Increased immunity
- Inner peace and harmony
- Balances the mind and emotions
- Enhances learning, memory and mental clarity
- Heals mental/emotional wounds
- Alleviates mood swings, fear, frustration and anger
- Strengthen and heal personal relationships
- Relief during emotional distress and sorrow.
- Pain relief from migraine, arthritis, sciatica, asthma, chronic fatigue, menopause, insomnia and other physical maladies
- Speeds up recovery from surgery or long-term illness
- Reduces side effects of medicine/treatment
Reiki can be an effective way to treat immediate problems, such as physical or mental illness (recovery from surgery, but regular treatments can also improve overall health. By helping to maintain a state of physical and emotional balance, Reiki can not only treat problems, but perhaps even prevent them from ever developing.
Unique Reiki healing is only a phone call away.
To learn more about how Linda Darin can help you in your road to healing, please call Linda at (914)-500-3712 or visit her https://lindadarin.com/.